Saturday, December 25, 2010

Senda Antigua - Ancient Path

As I prepared to preach my sermon, "Growing Down," I was reminded of a song (below) that Sam dedicated to me at my mother's funeral. As a kid that met Jesus at the age of 8, these lyrics take me back to a time when my life was less complicated and my connection to God was much purer. God seemed so big to me when I was small.

My prayer today is that He grow larger as I grow smaller in my own heart and mind. Friend, that ancient path which led to that old rugged cross is still the only route we can take to get us there from here. 

Here are the lyrics to the song. I pray they take many of you back to your childhood so that you can once again play in His throne room.

Luv u,

Pastor Mario

Senda Antigua – Ancient Path

Verso 1

Puede venir quien venga [Come whoever may come]

Y salir con algo nuevo [with whatever new invention]

Y decirle, es que estamos [saying that we are]

en tiempos modernos [in modern times]


Puede que muchos se vayan tras otros, [Perhaps many will run after others]

Y dejar lo que una vez creyeron, [and abandon what they once believed]

Pero esta linda senda antigua [but it's this beautiful ancient path]

Es la que sigo yo [that I will follow]

 

Coro

Aquella senda antigua [That beautiful ancient path]

La de aquellos antepasados [the path taken by our forefathers]

Que al poner las manos en los cojos [who placed their hands upon the lame]

Salían corriendo [and they left running]

 

Aquella senda antigua [That ancient path]

La de aquel Daniel y Elías, [Daniel and Elijah's path]

La que Saulo perseguía [the path that Saul followed as he persecuted Jesus]

Es esa linda senda antigua [It's that beautiful ancient path]

La que sigo yo [that I will follow]

 

Verso 2

Muchos me dicen vente [Many tell me, "Come,"]

Total si todo somos hermanos ["We are all brothers!"]

Total si Dios lo que quiere ["All that God desires,"]

Es que le adoren ["is that we worship Him."]

 

A muchos le da pena, [Many feel sorry for these people]

Pero yo francamente les digo [but I honestly tell them]

Que esta linda senda antigua  [this ancient path]

La que sigo yo [is the path that I'll follow]

 

Coro [Chorus repeats – translation above]

Aquella senda antigua

La de aquellos antepasados

Que al poner las manos en los cojos

Salían corriendo

 

Aquella senda antigua

La de aquel Daniel y Elías,

La que Saulo perseguía

Esta linda senda antigua

Es la que sigo yo

Es esta linda senda antigua la que sigo yo


Music and Lyrics by Sam Cintron

(Listen to it on Soundcloud)


No comments:

Post a Comment